Learn-To-Skate: Snowplow Sam
Ages 3-5. The Snowplow Sam levels are designed to help the preschool-age skater develop preliminary coordination and strength to maneuver on the ice. Time in Snowplow Sam classes will allow preschool children to become comfortable on the ice.
Participant must have received a passing certification from our instructors to move to the next class level.
- Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled 5 days prior to the start date.
- There will be a $15 late registration fee for any one that enrolls the day of a class.
|Summer 2022||Summer Session 1||Summer Session 2||Program Length||Price|
|Saturday||June 18th-July 16th
(no classes on July 2nd)
|July 23rd-August 13th||4 weeks||R $36/NR $40|
|Monday||June 20th-July 18th
(no classes on July 4th)
|July 25th-August 15th||4 weeks||R $36/NR $40|
|Fall 2022||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Winter/Spring 2022||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Saturday||January 8th-February 12th, 2022||February 19th-March 26th, 2022||6 weeks|
|Monday||January 10th-February 14th, 2022||February 21st-March 28th, 2022||6 weeks|
- Snowplow Sam 1: Sit and stand up with skates off-ice, Sit and stand up – on-ice, March in place, March forward (8-10 steps), March, then glide on two feet, Dip in place.
- Snowplow Sam 2: March followed by long glide, dip while moving, backward wiggles, 6 in a row, rocking horse, one forward and one backward swizzle action, two foot hop in place. (Optional)
- Snowplow Sam 3: Forward skating (8-10 strides), Forward one-foot glide, two times skater’s height (R and L), Forward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Backward swizzles (2-3 in a row), Moving forward snowplow stop (two-foot), Curves.
- Snowplow Sam 4: Forward skating, Backward two-foot glide, length of skater’s height, Backward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Rocking horse – one forward, one backward swizzle, repeat twice, Two-foot turns from forward to backward, in place (both directions). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>