Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Updates
City of Brentwood Updates Related to COVID-19
St. Louis County: COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments - Available for all Missouri residents age 16 and older
Brentwood City Hall is open to the public by appointment only. Please call 314.962.4800 to make an appointment. See "Restrictions to Visiting City Facilities" below for guidelines for visitors to City Hall.
We ask Brentwood residents and community members to help us minimize unnecessary public contact during this public health crisis. Please contact the City by phone (314.962.4800) or online through the “Report a Concern” button on the home page of the City’s website, www.brentwoodmo.org. Staff members will respond to phone messages and online requests as quickly as possible.
The City of Brentwood continues to follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), St. Louis County Department of Public Health, and other state and federal authorities to protect the well-being of the public and our employees.
We’ll continue to regularly adjust these measures and update this information as necessary.
RESTRICTIONS TO VISITING CITY FACILITIES
Brentwood City Hall is open to the public by appointment only. Please call 314.962.4800 to make an appointment.
Visitors who need to drop off items for Planning & Development or other departments may place the items in the designated bin inside the main entrance to City Hall (the entrance that faces Brentwood Boulevard).
- Entry by members of the public into City Hall is by appointment only.
- Any member of the public requesting entry to City Hall must fill out the St. Louis County Public Health information sheet and have their temperature taken.
- Anyone symptomatic (per the Public Health form) or with a temperature equal to or greater than 100.4 F (38 C) will be denied entry into City Hall.
- Anyone granted entry into City Hall will be required to wear a mask and will be offered gloves and asked to use hand sanitizer.
- Anyone refusing to adhere to these guidelines will be asked to leave and referred to the Brentwood Police Department.
- Public restroom usage at City Hall is at the user’s own risk.
PUBLIC EVENTS AND MEETINGS
Board of Aldermen meetings, committee meetings and other public meetings will be held via Zoom videoconference until further notice. Zoom access information is included in the meeting agendas posted on the City’s website and also can be found in the calendar listings on the City website.
Visit the calendar on the City’s website home page for updates.
- The fire station is closed to the public, with the exception of critical repair vendors. If we need something repaired in the station, vendors must comply with our screening procedures and decontamination procedures.
- We have resumed shared training with mutual aid agencies, ensuring social distancing is maintained between members.
- We have resumed some non-emergency public activities. Examples include, but are not limited to, building inspections, fire drills, public events, battery changes, etc.
All of these precautions are made in the best interest of our community, with the intent to provide uninterrupted emergency service.
The Fire Department is following mandates issued by the St. Louis County Executive and best practices from St. Louis County Office of Emergency Management and the Department of Public Health. Daily updates from these sources help the department develop plans for continuity of service.
If you think you are having a medical emergency, please call 911. The dispatcher will ask you questions about recent travel and your medical history as they gather accurate information to help first responders determine the proper level of care and personal protective equipment needed.
Please direct any non-emergency questions to the Fire Department, 314.963.8612.
PARKS & RECREATION
- Parks and Recreation Department current activities and facilities operations are based on guidelines from St. Louis County Department of Public Health. This information is subject to change based on information provided by the St. Louis County Department of Public Health.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 314.963.8689.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
- For information about Building Inspections, please contact RJ Poteet, 314.963.8607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org..
- For information about Occupancy Inspections, please contact Corey Reed, 314.963.8624 or email email@example.com.
- Permitting procedures, including construction permit review, are continuing. Applications for all building permits, contractor’s registration, business license, etc. are accepted online through the MyGov system via the "Forms & Permits" link on the home page of the City website. For additional instruction on construction applications, please call 314.963.8625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors who need to drop off items for Planning & Development may place the items in the designated bin inside the main entrance to City Hall (the entrance that faces Brentwood Boulevard).
- Staff will respond to phone messages and requests submitted online through the MyGov system via the "Forms & Permits" link on the home page of the City website.
- Application for Residential Occupancy Permits are accessible online.
- For additional instruction on business license applications or other permits issued by the department, please contact Lisa Koerkenmeier at 314.963.8629 or email email@example.com.
- Code enforcement services are limited until further notice.
- The department is not accepting or issuing Solicitors’ Permits until further notice.
Please direct any general questions to Planning & Development, 314.963.8602.
The Brentwood Police Department has suspended participating in community service and community education events and programs until further notice. All other police operations devoted to public safety continue.
The police department is fully staffed and diligently patrolling the city, including all streets and neighborhoods and all Brentwood parks.
The department is in constant contact with St. Louis County health officials, the State Emergency Management Agency and the Governor’s Office, to stay well informed on the latest developments of this pandemic and best practices as they evolve. Additionally, St. Louis area police departments have entered an agreement that assures continuity of police services in the event officers are forced into treatment or isolation.
In an emergency, please call 911 as always. In a non-emergency situation that may require a police officer, please call the non-emergency number, 314.644.7100.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: MEDICATION DISPOSAL
As of September 25, 2020, medication disposal services at the Brentwood Police Department have resumed. Deposit acceptable items directly into the medication disposal drop box located inside the Police Department lobby. Medication drop-off hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: POLICE REPORT REQUESTS
- To request a copy of a police report, call the Records Clerk at 314.963.8691. Reports will be processed when they become available.
- Reports may be sent via email or mail and will include an invoice for $6 for non-Brentwood residents. Payment by check or money order (payable to City of Brentwood) will be due upon receipt.
- We are not accepting in-person requests until further notice.
- The Public Works Department continues to provide its core services: trash, recycling and yard waste collections; weekly household bulk item collections per Ward; recycling receptacle deliveries; sign and roadway maintenance services as well as weekly household collections per ward; municipal building and fleet maintenance; and assistance with qualified Sewer Lateral Program tasks.
- Please continue to report any missed sanitation collections, street light outages, roadway repair inquiries and other issues online through the “Report a Concern” button on the home page of the City’s website, www.brentwoodmo.org.
BRENTWOOD MUNICIPAL DIVISION COURT
Brentwood City Hall and the Violations Bureau office are open to the public by appointment only. Please call 314.962.4800 to make an appointment. See "Restrictions to Visiting City Facilities" above for guidelines for visitors to City Hall.
Current scheduled in-person court dockets of 6 pm have been cancelled and are being rescheduled to virtual Zoom court dockets on the same day at 3 pm (through April 26, 2021). A new court date notice with instructions will be mailed to the address we have on file. If your address is outdated on your citation, please call the Court office at 314.963.8621 immediately. Please check Case.net (mo.gov) – 21st Circuit Court for the latest status on your case.
The Brentwood Municipal Division Court will begin using Webex virtual conferencing software to hold virtual court dockets beginning with the May 10, 2021, court docket at 3 pm. The Court will no longer use Zoom.
For warrant and bond information after hours, please call the Brentwood Police Department, 314.645.3000. If you are an attorney, all court filings are being accepted by e-filing, mail, or fax. If you are an attorney and requesting a warrant recall for your client, please file accordingly but also email the court administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt attention to your request. Please visit our web pages for the latest court updates.
If your address is not up to date with the Court, please call or email the court as soon as possible.
Payment of fines and costs are still being accepted online or by mail. To pay by phone, please leave a message and staff will return your call as soon as possible.
BRENTWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
The library is open for browsing and computer use. We are letting 10 people in at a time for a maximum of 30 minutes each. At this time, we are not allowing unaccompanied minors in the building. We continue to do curbside service if you prefer to pick up your materials outside. Copies, faxes and prints are free while our hours are limited. We also provide free WiFi access from the library parking lot with the network: LibraryPublic and the password, Brentwood.
Call 314.963.8630 for curbside service or help with your account or text us at 314.252.0616 while we are open. Visit brentwoodlibrarymo.org for more information on our services.
The library is open Monday-Tuesday 10-6, Wednesday-Friday 12-6, and Saturday 9-1.
St. Louis County: COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments - Available for all Missouri residents age 16 and older
To stay up to date on the local response to COVID-19, please visit www.stlcorona.com.