Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Updates
City of Brentwood Updates Related to COVID-19
We ask Brentwood residents and community members to help us minimize unnecessary public contact during this public health crisis. Please contact the City by phone (314.962.4800) or online through the “Report a Concern” button on the home page of the City’s website, www.brentwoodmo.org. Staff members will respond to phone messages and online requests as quickly as possible.
The City of Brentwood continues to follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), St. Louis County Department of Public Health, and other state and federal authorities to protect the well-being of the public and our employees.
We’ll continue to regularly adjust these measures and update this information as necessary.
PUBLIC EVENTS AND MEETINGS
Board of Aldermen meetings, committee meetings and other public meetings may be held in person, adhering to COVID-19 health and safety protocols, as well as via Zoom videoconference. Zoom access information is included in the meeting agendas posted on the City’s website and also can be found in the calendar listings on the City website.
Visit the calendar on the City’s website home page for updates.
- The fire station is open to the public. Mask usage by the public is recommended.
- We have resumed shared training with mutual aid agencies, ensuring social distancing is maintained between members.
- We have resumed all non-emergency public activities. Examples include, but are not limited to, building inspections, fire drills, public events, battery changes, etc.
All of these precautions are made in the best interest of our community, with the intent to provide uninterrupted emergency service.
The Fire Department is following mandates issued by the St. Louis County Executive and best practices from St. Louis County Office of Emergency Management and the Department of Public Health. Weekly updates from these sources help the department develop plans for continuity of service.
If you think you are having a medical emergency, please call 911. The dispatcher will ask you questions about recent travel and your medical history as they gather accurate information to help first responders determine the proper level of care and personal protective equipment needed.
Please direct any non-emergency questions to the Fire Department, 314.963.8612.
PARKS & RECREATION
- Parks and Recreation Department current activities and facilities operations are based on guidelines from St. Louis County Department of Public Health. This information is subject to change based on information provided by the St. Louis County Department of Public Health.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 314.963.8689.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Applications for all building permits, contractor’s registration, business license, etc. are accepted online through the MyGov system via the "Forms & Permits" link on the home page of the City website. For additional instruction on construction applications, please call 314.963.8602.
- Visitors who need to drop off items for Planning & Development may place the items in the designated bin inside the main entrance to City Hall (the entrance that faces Brentwood Boulevard).
- Staff will respond to phone messages and requests submitted online through the MyGov system via the "Forms & Permits" link on the home page of the City website.
- Application for Residential Occupancy Permits are accessible online.
- For additional instruction on business license applications or other permits issued by the department, please call 314.963.8602.
- For assistance with planning and development projects or applications, please call 314.963.8602.
The police department is fully staffed and diligently patrolling the city, including all streets and neighborhoods and all Brentwood parks.
The department is in constant contact with St. Louis County health officials, the State Emergency Management Agency and the Governor’s Office, to stay well informed on the latest developments of this pandemic and best practices as they evolve. Additionally, St. Louis area police departments have entered an agreement that assures continuity of police services in the event officers are forced into treatment or isolation.
In an emergency, please call 911 as always. In a non-emergency situation that may require a police officer, please call the non-emergency number, 314.644.7100.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: MEDICATION DISPOSAL
Deposit acceptable items directly into the medication disposal drop box located inside the Police Department lobby. Medication drop-off hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: POLICE REPORT REQUESTS
- To request a copy of a police report, call the Records Clerk at 314.963.8691. Reports will be processed when they become available.
- Reports may be sent via email or mail and will include an invoice for $6 for non-Brentwood residents. Payment by check or money order (payable to City of Brentwood) will be due upon receipt.
- The Public Works Department continues to provide its core services: trash, recycling and yard waste collections; weekly household bulk item collections per Ward; recycling receptacle deliveries; sign and roadway maintenance services as well as weekly household collections per ward; municipal building and fleet maintenance; and assistance with qualified Sewer Lateral Program tasks.
- Please continue to report any missed sanitation collections, street light outages, roadway repair inquiries and other issues online through the “Report a Concern” button on the home page of the City’s website, www.brentwoodmo.org.
BRENTWOOD MUNICIPAL DIVISION COURT
The Brentwood Municipal Division Court has resumed in-person court dockets. Visit the Municipal Division Court page for details.
BRENTWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
The library is open Monday-Thursday 9 am-8, Friday 9 am-6 pm, and Saturday 9 am-5 pm. Face coverings/masks are required inside. The library also provides free WiFi access from the library parking lot with the network: LibraryPublic and the password, Brentwood.
Call 314.963.8630 for curbside service or help with your account or text 314.252.0616 during open hours. Visit brentwoodlibrarymo.org for more information on library services.