Learn-To-Skate: Snowplow Sam
Ages 3-5. The Snowplow Sam levels are designed to help the preschool-age skater develop preliminary coordination and strength to maneuver on the ice. Time in Snowplow Sam classes will allow preschool children to become comfortable on the ice.
Participant must have received a passing certification from our instructors to move to the next class level.
- Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled 5 days prior to the start date.
- There will be a $15 late registration fee for any one that enrolls the day of a class.
|Winter 2024||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Monday||Jan. 8 - Feb. 12||Feb. 19 - March 25||6 weeks|
|Saturday||Jan. 6 - Feb 10||Feb. 17 - March 23||6 weeks|
|Summer 2023||Summer Session 1||Summer Session 2||Summer Session 3|
|Monday||June 5 - June 26||July 10 - July 31||August 7 - August 28|
June 17 - July 29 (6 weeks)
(no classes on July 1th)
|August 5 - August 26||4 weeks|
|Fall 2022||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Saturday||September 9 - October 14||October 21 - December 2||6 weeks|
|Monday||September 11 - October 16||October 23 - December 4||6 weeks|
- Snowplow Sam 1: Sit and stand up with skates off-ice, Sit and stand up – on-ice, March in place, March forward (8-10 steps), March, then glide on two feet, Dip in place.
- Snowplow Sam 2: March followed by long glide, dip while moving, backward wiggles, 6 in a row, rocking horse, one forward and one backward swizzle action, two foot hop in place. (Optional)
- Snowplow Sam 3: Forward skating (8-10 strides), Forward one-foot glide, two times skater’s height (R and L), Forward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Backward swizzles (2-3 in a row), Moving forward snowplow stop (two-foot), Curves.
- Snowplow Sam 4: Forward skating, Backward two-foot glide, length of skater’s height, Backward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Rocking horse – one forward, one backward swizzle, repeat twice, Two-foot turns from forward to backward, in place (both directions). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>