Learn-To-Skate: Pre Free Skate-Free Skate 1-6
Each free skate level is comprised of a variety of progressive skating skills, transitions, spins and jumps — all of which build on the previous skill, providing skaters a strong foundation of all elements. These levels will be taught in a positive and interactive group format such as a bridge program, circuit classes or as an introductory training program. Instructors will focus on quality and mastery of skills.
- $54 Residents/$60 Non-Residents (Pre-Free Skate, Beginner Jumps and Spins, Power Skating)
- $60 Residents/$66 Non-Residents (Free Skate 1-6)
- Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled 5 days prior to the start date.
- There will be a $15 late registration fee for any one that enrolls the day of a class.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
- Pre-Free Skate: Forward inside open mohawk from a standstill position (R to L and L to R), Backward crossovers to a backward outside edge glides (landing position), clockwise and counterclockwise, Backward outside edge to a forward outside edge transition, clockwise and counterclockwise, Two forward crossovers into a forward inside mohawk, step down and cross behind, step into one backward crossover and step to a forward inside edge, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: One-foot upright spin, optional entry and free-foot position (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Mazurka (R and L) Waltz jump Backward inside pivots, clockwise and counterclockwise (optional).
- Jumps and Spins: This class focuses on the Jump/Spins, position and turn for freestyle/moves for beginners.
- Free Skate 1: Forward power stroking, clockwise and counterclockwise, Basic forward outside and forward inside consecutive edges (four to six consecutive edges), Backward outside three-turns (R and L), Spin: Upright spin, entry from back crossovers (min. four to six revolutions), Jumps: Half flip, Toe loop Waltz jump-side toe hop-waltz jump sequence, or waltz jump ballet jump-toe loop sequence (optional).
- Free Skate 2: Alternating forward outside and inside spirals on a continuous axis (two sets), Basic backward outside and backward inside consecutive edges (four to six consecutive edges), Backward inside three-turns (R and L), Spin: Beginning back spin (up to two revolutions), Jumps: Half Lutz, Salchow, Variation of a forward spiral, skater’s choice (optional).
- Free Skate 3: Alternating backward crossovers to back outside edges – Four sets, Alternating mohawk/crossover sequence (R to L and L to R), Waltz three-turns (forward outside three turn, backward outside edge glide), clockwise and counterclockwise, Spin: Advanced back spin with free foot in crossed leg position (min. three revolutions), Jumps: Loop jump,Waltz jump-toe loop or Salchow-toe loop combination, Toe step sequence, skater’s choice, using a variety of toe steps (optional).
- Free Skate 4: Forward power three-turns (R and L), 3 sets each, Waltz eight, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: Forward upright spin to backward upright spin (3 revs., each foot), Sit spin (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Half loop, Flip, Split jump, stag jump or split falling leaf (optional).
- Free Skate 5: Skating Skills: Backward outside three-turn, mohawk (backward power three-turns), clockwise and counterclockwise, Five-step mohawk sequence, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: Camel spin (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Waltz jump-loop jump combination, Lutz jump, Loop-loop combination (optional).
- Free Skate 6: Forward power pulls (R and L), Creative step sequence, skater’s choice, using a variety of three-turns, mohawks and toe steps, Spins: Camel-sit spin combination (minimum two revolutions each position), Layback or attitude spin or cross-foot spin (three revolutions), Jumps: Waltz jump-half loop-Salchow jump sequence, Backward outside pivot, entry optional (optional). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>