Learn-To-Skate: Pre Free Skate-Free Skate 1-6
Each Free Skate level is comprised of a variety of progressive skating skills, transitions, spins and jumps — all of which build on the previous skill, providing skaters a strong foundation of all elements. These levels will be taught in a positive and interactive group format such as a bridge program, circuit classes or as an introductory training program. Instructors will focus on quality and mastery of skills.
Participants must receive passing certification from our instructors to move onto the next class level.
- Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled 5 days prior to the start date.
- There will be a $15 late registration fee for any one that enrolls the day of a class.
|6:30p-7:00p||11:00a-11:30a||R $60/NR $66||Participant must has passed Basic 4|
R $60/ NR $66
preceding course required
|6:30p-7:00p||9:30a-10:00a||R $60/ NR $66||
preceding course required
|11:30a-12:00p||R $54 / NR $60||Participant must has passed Basic 5|
|Fall 2021||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Saturday||September 18th-October 23rd, 2021||September 20th-October 25th, 2021||6 weeks|
|Monday||September 20th-October 25th, 2021||November 1st-December 6th, 2021
*No classes on November 27th, 2021*
|Winter/Spring 2022||Session 1||Session 2||Program Length|
|Summer 2022||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Program Length|
- Pre-Free Skate: Forward inside open mohawk from a standstill position (R to L and L to R), Backward crossovers to a backward outside edge glides (landing position), clockwise and counterclockwise, Backward outside edge to a forward outside edge transition, clockwise and counterclockwise, Two forward crossovers into a forward inside mohawk, step down and cross behind, step into one backward crossover and step to a forward inside edge, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: One-foot upright spin, optional entry and free-foot position (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Mazurka (R and L) Waltz jump Backward inside pivots, clockwise and counterclockwise (optional).
- Beginner Jumps and Spins: This class focuses on the Jump/Spins, position and turn for freestyle/moves for beginners.
- Free Skate 1: Forward power stroking, clockwise and counterclockwise, Basic forward outside and forward inside consecutive edges (four to six consecutive edges), Backward outside three-turns (R and L), Spin: Upright spin, entry from back crossovers (min. four to six revolutions), Jumps: Half flip, Toe loop Waltz jump-side toe hop-waltz jump sequence, or waltz jump ballet jump-toe loop sequence (optional).
- Free Skate 2: Alternating forward outside and inside spirals on a continuous axis (two sets), Basic backward outside and backward inside consecutive edges (four to six consecutive edges), Backward inside three-turns (R and L), Spin: Beginning back spin (up to two revolutions), Jumps: Half Lutz, Salchow, Variation of a forward spiral, skater’s choice (optional).
- Free Skate 3: Alternating backward crossovers to back outside edges – Four sets, Alternating mohawk/crossover sequence (R to L and L to R), Waltz three-turns (forward outside three turn, backward outside edge glide), clockwise and counterclockwise, Spin: Advanced back spin with free foot in crossed leg position (min. three revolutions), Jumps: Loop jump,Waltz jump-toe loop or Salchow-toe loop combination, Toe step sequence, skater’s choice, using a variety of toe steps (optional).
- Free Skate 4: Forward power three-turns (R and L), 3 sets each, Waltz eight, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: Forward upright spin to backward upright spin (3 revs., each foot), Sit spin (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Half loop, Flip, Split jump, stag jump or split falling leaf (optional).
- Free Skate 5: Skating Skills: Backward outside three-turn, mohawk (backward power three-turns), clockwise and counterclockwise, Five-step mohawk sequence, clockwise and counterclockwise, Spins: Camel spin (minimum three revolutions), Jumps: Waltz jump-loop jump combination, Lutz jump, Loop-loop combination (optional).
- Free Skate 6: Forward power pulls (R and L), Creative step sequence, skater’s choice, using a variety of three-turns, mohawks and toe steps, Spins: Camel-sit spin combination (minimum two revolutions each position), Layback or attitude spin or cross-foot spin (three revolutions), Jumps: Waltz jump-half loop-Salchow jump sequence, Backward outside pivot, entry optional (optional).
- Power Skating: Class develops more explosive acceleration, powerful strides, agility and balance on the ice. Focusing on both speed and strength training, along with proper skating techniques such as body positioning and balancing drills. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>