Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations:
The following regulations apply at the Brentwood Dog Park:
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by their dogs.
- All dogs in the dog park must be registered as a current member of the dog park.
- Dogs must wear a Brentwood Dog Park tag and current rabies vaccination tag.
- Gate code shall not be given to non-members.
- Dog feces (and/or dog waste) must be cleaned up and properly disposed of by owners immediately.
- All dogs must be on a leash until inside the fenced area.
- Gates must be closed except when entering or exiting the off-leash area.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- Pinch, spike, and choke collars must be removed prior to entering the fenced off-leash area.
- Limit of three (3) dogs per person in the off-leash area.
- Dog owners must closely supervise their dogs and at no time may leave the fenced area without his/her dog.
- Dogs must be under visual and voice control at all times.
- Excessive barking or uncontrollable dogs must be removed immediately.
- Owners must stop dogs from digging and must fill any holes caused by their dogs.
- No climbing on or over the fence.
- Owners must otherwise comply with all rules governing the park and relevant parking regulations.
- No one may conduct any kind of commercial or professional business in the dog park without approval from the Parks and Recreation Director or his/her designee.
- Use of the off-leash area by any dog constitutes implied consent of the dog’s owner to all the conditions stated in the dog park rules and constitutes a waiver of liability to the City of Brentwood and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the City of Brentwood harmless from any claims, suits, or other actions caused by the conduct of a dog owner or their dog.
The following are not allowed in the fenced area of the dog park:
- Dogs in heat, as they are required to be spayed or neutered.
- Aggressive dogs or dangerous dogs. Specifically, but not limited to, any dog that has bitten another animal or person and/or any dog which has been declared dangerous in any other jurisdiction will not be allowed in the Dog Park.
- Dogs that are ill or injured, including those dogs known to carry any disease or parasite transmittable to other dogs or humans.
- Puppies under six months of age.
- Animals other than dogs.
- Alcoholic beverages, food, dog treats, rawhide or glass containers.
- Smoking or tobacco use.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or blades, or any motorized vehicles, except wheelchairs.
Any dog owner who fails to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave the dog park and may have their membership revoked.