- Home Page
- Planning & Development
Planning & Development
- The Planning & Development Department serves the citizens of Brentwood through traditional planning (both current and long-range) and economic development, as well as zoning administration, code enforcement and building permits.
The Planning & Development Department is responsible for new construction as well as inspecting existing housing to determine code conformance. The department also handles zoning enforcement and land use code enforcement in the city. Building codes are listed in Chapter 500 of the Brentwood Municipal Code. Land use is determined by the regulations covered in Chapter 400 of the Brentwood Municipal Code.
All permitting is now done online through the MyGov System.
To Schedule an Inspection you must have a MyGov Login and Project already set up
Inspection times are Monday- Friday:
9:00AM 1:00PM 9:30AM 1:30PM 10:00AM 2:00PM 10:30 AM 2:30PM 11:00AM 11:30AM
For assistance, please call 314.963.8602.
Check Here To See If A Property Is in Brentwood
For Title Requests/Specials, please call the Finance Department, 314.963.8604.
The City of Brentwood follows these International Code Council (ICC) codes:
- International Building Code, 2018
- International Residential Building Code, 2018
- National Electrical Code, 2017
- International Mechanical Code, 2018
- International Plumbing Code, 2018
- International Existing Building Code, 2018
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2018
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2018
- International Fire Code, 2018
Building Code Ordinance 4899 - October 2019 (PDF)
Stormwater Control and Infill Development Informational Resources
Stormwater Control Best Management Practices (PDF)
Stormwater Plan Review Checklist (PDF)